Equal Rights, Equal Opportunities
Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara University established in 2018, has constituted the SC/ST/OBC Cell with a purpose to bring students from such communities into the main stream. The University takes special interest in facilitating all sorts of support from Government agencies and other sources, for such students. They are also encouraged to enroll for various orientation programs, which would equip them with the necessary skills to choose a career option.
- To counsel and guide SC/ST students and help them to manage academic and personal issues of academic life effectively.
- To ensure provisions of an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To provide prompt counseling for emotional emergencies arising on account of any event at the campus.
- To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students, if any.
- To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the constitution of India.
- To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the career growth.
- To make the SC/ST students aware of various scholarships program of state Govt., Central Govt. and UGC.
- To take such follow up measures to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the Govt. of India and the UGC.
- To ensure that no official / faculty indulge in any kind of discrimination.
- To collect reports and information of State Govt. and UGC's orders on various aspects of education, employment of SC/ST & OBC students.
- To circulate State Govt., Central Govt. & UGC's decisions about different scholarship programs.
- To communicate with students and motivate them for better future planning.